IAH’s Karst Commission comprises a large group of academics, practicing hydrogeologists and water resources professionals with the shared goal of promoting a defensible scientific basis and professional practice for the sustainable management of karst water resources for multiple uses, including safe drinking water, agriculture and protection of ecosystems.
Specifically, the Karst Commission:
- Fosters international and interdisciplinary research collaboration and exchange of ideas.
- Communicates with other relevant organizations and associations dealing with water, ecology, environmental, karst and cave sciences.
- Organizes conferences, thematic sessions and workshops on karst hydrogeology and water resources.
- Prepares and disseminates publications, such as books and special issues of scientific journals, as well as technical guidelines and popular publications.
- Provides training and education.
Under the remit of the International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH), https://iah.org, the IAH Karst Commission is partner of the Speleogenesis Scientific Network and website, in cooperation with the UIS Commission on Speleogenesis: http://www.speleogenesis.info/
Use the links below to find out more about those involved in IAH’s Karst Commission and current projects, as well as its history.
- Karst Commission members
- Karst Commission partners
- Karst Commission related projects
- Karst Commission history