IAH’s Karst Commission is a large group of academics, practicing hydrogeologists and water resources professionals. We have the shared goal of promoting defensible science and professional practice for the sustainable management of karst water resources for multiple uses, including safe drinking water, agriculture and protection of ecosystems.
Specifically, the Karst Commission:
- Fosters international and interdisciplinary research collaboration and exchange of ideas.
- Communicates with other relevant organizations and associations dealing with water, ecology, environmental, karst and cave sciences.
- Organizes conferences, thematic sessions and workshops on karst hydrogeology and water resources.
- Prepares and disseminates publications, such as books and special issues of scientific journals, as well as technical guidelines and popular publications.
- Provides training and education.
Please use the links under the About Us tab to find out more about those involved in IAH’s Karst Commission and current projects, as well as its history.